This is a guide to help with some of the most common SoundSwitch and Serato Performance Mode issues.
This guide assumes that you have already added your Fixtures in Edit Mode and that these are working correctly when you playback a scripted track or autoloop in Edit Mode.
If you have not added your fixtures to your SoundSwitch venue or they are not responding when in Edit Mode please head back to Edit Mode and add your fixtures before proceeding with this guide.
This guide also requires that you have SoundSwitch set to the "Serato" Input type in the SoundSwitch Preferences.
I am unable to establish a connection between SoundSwitch and Serato?
Confirm the Serato Remote is present and activated in the Serato Preferences.
1. Open the SoundSwitch Software.
- This is required to start the connection and communication between SoundSwitch and Serato.
2. Navigate to the Serato Preferences > Expansion Packs > Serato Remotes
3. Activate the SoundSwitch remote if it is not already listed as an Active Remote.
Troubleshooting Serato Remote:
If SoundSwitch is not available as a Serato Remote check these troubleshooting steps below:
1. Confirm the SoundSwitch Software is Open.
2. Allow SoundSwitch through the Windows Firewall for both Private and Public Networks:
3. Confirm the necessary Bonjour Service is running.
Open the "Services" application on Windows and confirm you have a Bonjour Service present and that it is running.
If you do not have the Bonjour Service listed in the Service application you can download and install this here (Restart may be required after installation)
4. Check that you do not have any Third Party Anti-Virus tools like Avast or AVG that could be blocking the connection with its own Firewall. Disabling the Anti-Virus tool or entering a silent mode can help you confirm this.
If you have made any changes to the above settings a restart of both SoundSwitch and Serato may be required for the changes to take effect.
To confirm you have an active connection between SoundSwitch and Serato the Blue LED Status indicator will be present in the SoundSwitch Software
My Fixtures are only responding to one Deck?
Once you have confirmed to have an active connection between SoundSwitch and Serato by the Blue LED Status Indicator above but you are experiencing your fixtures only responding to one deck/fader please check these below SoundSwitch settings.
1. Navigate to the SoundSwitch Preferences > Performance Mode and confirm your Performance Mode settings are as per below:
Fader Settings: This is where you can select your desired Fader settings. The most common alternative is for users that do not mix with the CrossFader you can then Select the "Upfader Only" option and the Crossfader will no longer be used when mixing your lighting shows.
A common issue is users enabling the "External Mixer" option this should not be selected when using the "Deck 1-2" Mode.
Troubleshooting fixtures only responding to one deck:
If you have confirmed your Performance Mode settings are correct as per the above screenshot but your fixtures are still only responding to one deck the issue may be related to the Serato Crossfader and Upfader not being linked correctly. You can check this via the steps below.
1. Open Serato and select the Serato Video option.
If the Serato Video option is not available for you this can be enabled via the Serato Expansion packs.
2. With the Serato Video options now available confirm that both the X-F Crossfdaer Link is active and also that both Upfader Links are also active see the screenshot below:
Once confirming the above settings your fixtures should then respond to both Deck 1/Upfader 1 and Deck 2/Upfader 2.
I have selected the Deck 1-4 Mode but my fixtures are only responding to one Deck/Upfader?
With the "Deck 1-4" option selected and your fixtures are only responding to one Deck/Upfader this is most likely due to one of the below issues.
Midi Mapping your Upfaders:
When using the Deck 1-4 Mode you are required to Midi Map the Upfaders on your Mixer or DJ Controller to the SoundSwitch Faders in the SoundSwitch Software.
IMPORTANT: Using the Deck 1-4 Mode is not possible using Windows computers. This is due to a Windows limitation with Midi Devices not having simultaneous multi-client support so you will not be able to Midi Map your upfaders to the SoundSwitch Software and also control Serato simultaneously. You should then use the Deck 1-2 Mode only.
IMPORTANT: Midi Mapping your Upfaders is only required with the Deck 1-4 option if you are using the Deck 1-2 or Deck 3-4 option you do NOT need to Midi Map your Upfaders to SoundSwitch.
1. Before Midi Mapping your Upfaders confirm your SoundSwitch Performance Preferences are as below:
2. You can now Midi Map the Upfaders of your Mixer or DJ Controller to the Software Faders via the Midi > External Mixer page:
I pressed the "Link" option and my Faders do not control the Fixtures?
The "Link" option should NOT be used with Serato. Link is only to be used in SoundSwitch Standalone Mode or when trying to connect to another Link-supported application.
Disabling the "Link" option and confirming you have the correct SoundSwitch x Serato Connection will resolve this issue.