How to Set Up Philips Hue Lighting with SoundSwitch
SoundSwitch 2.3 now supports Philips Hue lights, allowing you to create basic lighting effects from the Main Track. Here's how to set up Philips Hue lights with SoundSwitch:
1. Start by ensuring your Philips Hue Bridge is connected to power and linked to your network router via an ethernet cable.
2. Make sure your computer is connected to the same wired or Wi-Fi network as your Philips Hue Bridge.
3. Download and install the Philips Hue app on your smartphone..
4. Follow the Philips Hue setup guide and create an Entertainment Area within the Philips Hue app.
5. Open SoundSwitch and enter Edit Mode.
6. Click on the Preferences Icon located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
7. Select the Hardware Tab, and then click "Enable Philips HUE" and choose "Add New Bridge."
8. SoundSwitch will start searching for the Bridge, and this process may take some time. When the Bridge is discovered, you'll be prompted to press the button on the Hue Bridge to establish the connection.
9. Once connected, your lighting setup will be displayed on the screen.
- Philips Hue lights cannot be individually controlled at this stage.
- Philips Hue lights may have a limited refresh rate, which could affect fast pulsing effects like strobes.