Performance Mode Preferences Explained:
In SoundSwitch, the Performance Mode Preferences allow you to customize your lighting experience based on your DJ mixing style. Below is an explanation of each of the options within this tab:
1. Blend Mode:
- In Blend Mode, when you transition between tracks using your crossfader, the lighting shows will smoothly blend into each other. For example, if you have a blue light show on the left deck and a red light show on the right deck, when the crossfader is halfway, the lights will mix to produce purple.
2. Cut Mode:
- Cut Mode, on the other hand, results in a "hard switch" between light shows when the crossfader reaches 50%, rather than a smooth blend.
3. Scratch Mode:
- If you frequently use scratching techniques when DJing and don't want the lights to go crazy with every fader movement, you can use Scratch Mode. In Scratch Mode, SoundSwitch switches between light shows once the crossfader reaches 90%.
4. Upfader Only:
- Choose this setting when you primarily mix using only the up or channel faders, bypassing the crossfader.
- 1-2 Deck: Select this when you are mixing using decks 1 and 2 in your DJ software.
- 3-4 Deck: Choose this option when you are mixing with decks 3 and 4 in your DJ software.
- 1-4 Deck: Use this mode when you are mixing with all four decks in your DJ software.
Important Note for Windows Users:
- Upfader Intensity Only: This setting makes the up faders on your mixer or controller exclusively control the intensity of the lights and won't affect other attributes like Pan/Tilt, Gobo, Prism, etc., on your lighting fixtures.
- Playhead Smoothing: This feature is meant for use with Serato DJ. It smoothes the lighting output but may introduce some latency if you do a lot of scratching.
- Loop Auto Strobe: This setting allows you to turn the Loop Auto Strobe feature on and off. Loop Auto Strobe automatically applies strobe effects to your lights when you use Loops or Loop Rolls shorter than half a beat.
- External Mixer: Use this option if you have a mixer without built-in MIDI capabilities. This setting is compatible with interfaces like the Rane SL 1, 2, and 4, as well as the Denon DJ DS1. This should not be enabled if you are using a supported Mixer/Dj Controller with your DJ Software.
Note: If you are using Deck 1-2 Mode or Deck 3-4 Mode, make sure to disable the "External Mixer" option to ensure proper functionality.